Tuesday, January 30, 2007

UFO's or Rowan "Demi" Please?


Rowan "Demi" from "Vintage Style" has been calling out to me, particularly since I recently bought 8 balls of Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Aran off of eBay. This yarn has amazing yardage (175 yards). Did I mention that it's in color #414, Darkside, the exact shade in the book?

Normally I avoid all projects that require flat knitting, and am a fan of circular EZ-style knits. I love Elizabeth Zimmermann and everything she represents (common sense, circular knitting, no seaming); I also really love this sweater. I may try flat knitting and just see how it goes. I have a friend who's interested in a knit-along (good moral support), and is very good at seaming. When I cast on I'll keep you updated. I'm considering kitting both sleeves at once (flat), to avoid the boredom and inaccuracy of attempting two identical sleeves. I cast on this week, and welcome all good wishes:) I also am avoiding many UFO's to begin this sweater.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I vote for finishing your socks (easy) and then starting Demi with me on Friday. That way, you can help me read the scary chart.

I love your new blog!

Rebecca