Saturday, March 31, 2007

Baby Shower Booty, or Why Knitters Rock

Long time no post. If only I were knitting fabulous items, and finishing them. But no, third trimester sleepiness has taken over my brain. Today Sarah threw me the nicest baby shower - in addition to lovely knitted items of all kinds (a gorgeous Touch Me purple baby blanket, that Damon refuses to relinquish to the baby by Carel; a stunning koigu baby jacket by Rebecca; tiny, perfect baby socks by Robin; and squares by all in various colors for a lovely cotton blanket). I've also received a number of baby items (all gorgeous and stylish): lovely books, baby yoga pants, whole outfits. Really, it's overwhelming the goodwill and generosity of knitters. Did I mention the purple Touch Me blanket? I love it with Smeagle/Gollum-like affection. They're all preciouses.

On to knitting: I'm working on the Tomten baby jacket by EZ in traditional wool (grays, greens and white). I plan on adding a zipper and afterthought pockets. I have 14 ridges left on the hood, and the sleeves to add on (plus said finishing). I also ordered the Saddle-Shoulder Aran Cardigan by EZ along with the yarn. I'm tentatively working on my swatch cap. I'm embracing zimmermania. Tomorrow: pictures:)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I sent you an email with a link to my Flickr page -- the photos I took at the shower are up. Enjoy! :)