Thursday, March 1, 2007

Stitches haul



I love going to Stitches; this makes my third year to have worked in a booth (this year for Bella Knitting; the previous two for The Knitter's Studio). It's always fun, exciting and inspiring. I had a windfall of cash just in time for Stitches and spent it wisely and quickly. My haul involves mainly kits and projects:

  • Madeira Lace Stole by Cookie A (the bottom black stole - pure gorgeousness. I cast on immediately after purchasing).
  • 2 skeins of Fiber Elements Hand Maiden Sea Silk for the "Tilting Block Pattern" stole (clearly, I have to accommodate many stoles into my wardrobe). It was a rush purchase that I have zero regrets about. I saw it in the booth and knew instantly that it had to come home with me. Also, I bought the last two skeins of my colorway ("Nova Scotia"). The fact that it's healthy to wear and knit with only add to its charm.
  • 2 skeins of Sol Joy sock yarn from the Great Adirondack booth in color "Kermie".
  • enough yarn to make an Elizabeth Zimmermann seamless raglan sweater in basic grey and green wool. Basic wool, but beautiful.
I heart Stitches.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

How was your class?