Wednesday, March 7, 2007

The hat post




I've been knitting furiously (happily?) on Arlette's test pattern for a 2-color, 2-handed brioche in the round hat. I'm using remainder Noro Silk Garden in green, grey and blue and a light gray Jo Sharp yarn. I'm addicted to the technique - it's just as challenging as learning how to originally knit and very, very satisfying. Process enjoyment aside, it's producing a lovely hat. The decreases ( a 2 row process) are a little wobbly, but in general are coming along nicely. I can't watch TV (engaging TV) and decrease yet, but I'm optimistic.

In other news, I'm back to loving several on-the-needle projects: my first attempt (technically third attempt) at designing a sock is going very well. I'll be back to it as soon as the siren call of the brioche hat is answered and off the needles (in other words, tomorrow).

More on the to-do knit list of UFO's: the chevron scarf from LMKG. I'm almost halfway there, and it's growing so prettily and very, very spring-like that I must have it finished, washed, blocked and ironed (I sense curled edges unless the iron comes out from storage).

I've found all the pieces and wires to our digital camera, and took these experimental shots of an FO (the Rowan hat) and UFO (Arlette's brioche design). It resembles outsider art, these photos, but it is night and I'm not a camera person. Brooklyn tweed started somewhere. Perhaps not here...

3 comments:

Arlette said...

Now that's what I like to hear! Nice job choosing colors for the brioche hat -- I was just eying some Kureyon today and thinking Noro would look fantastic in that pattern.

ingridknits said...

Thanks! I really like the Silk Garden in this pattern - it's subtle and as it grows it becomes more interesting. I'm already contemplating my second brioche Molly hat...

Sarah said...

The Molly hat rocks my face off. Yours is totally cute. Did you know Bella is buying the pattern? I saw Laura's draft of it yesterday, I think it's bound to be a winner.